Letís Collaborate: Optimize Health Outcomes in an Emerging Healthcare Market.
NEXT Pre conference course sponsored by APTAMA6/21/2017
NEXT Pre Conference Course – Wednesday June 21
Let’s Collaborate: Optimize Health Outcomes in an Emerging Healthcare Market
This course is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the current status of collaborative care models and the trends towards future health care models. The course instructors will lead attendees from a summary of how our current health care system developed, briefly explore other countries health care structures, to identifying opportunities for physical therapists to participate in collaborative care models in various practice settings. The presenters will provide education in the skills necessary for PTs to be successful through various learning methods. The course will conclude with a look towards the future of the PT as an important piece of population health and how collaborative care models can serve this trend.
- Explain the essential role of physical therapists in collaborative care models
- Determine the changes in practice operations needed to be successful in bundled payment models.
- Identify the opportunities for physical therapy leadership in these care models
- Learn the communication skills necessary to be successful in working across settings
- Understanding the economic framework of collaborative models of care.
Lead Presenter: Aimee Perron PT, DPT, NCS, CEEAA. Aimee will be joined by therapists in various practices along with a panel of experts.